Monday, January 5, 2009

Dave Ramsey's Envelope Method

I have added the link to his envelope method in the title. I heard about this many years ago and found it fascinating! I did this method prior to moving to Atlanta, and it worked!! And then somewhere along the way, I forgot the rules and got slack. I have decided to go with this idea as a start for my economic bailout plan. It's super simple and just as it says: Envelope Method.

Although you do have to get over the fact that in our "Swipe and Go" economy that paying with cash is almost Taboo. I have noticed that if you pay with cash or heaven forbid write a check, people sometimes look at you funny. It's the expression you would give someone you thought had the cooties or coughed on you. Plus to pay with cash takes more effort, you have to think about each purchase and count out each dollar, dime and penny. And I don't know about you, but when I have the green, I hate to part with it!