Monday, January 19, 2009

Dave's Envelope Method: Day 19

So as some of you may know I opted to try Dave's Envelope method for this year. I started out with a bang, being very diligent. Apparently, a little too diligent, since the whole envelope method played a dramatic role in my dreams last night.

I was in the check out line at the grocery store. I had my list, my coupons and my Grocery Envelope. As I had placed each item in the shopping cart, I made a mental list of the running cost. I was very excited, according to my brain I had spent around $90 in groceries. As the cashier is checking me out, I see the number on the screen going up, up, up and up. I get all nervous and start looking at my other envelopes. The final bill is $222. I yell at the lady, how can that be, my envelope only has $98 in it!! That can't be right. And she looks at me and says: I guess you will need more envelopes to pay for your groceries.

I awaken shortly after that dream thinking that Dave needs to talk to that check out lady, because when the money is gone, it's gone.